This page is for everyone who wants to create something new that people need.
The resources listed below will help you answer key questions about your idea and audiences you aim to reach.
I've collected these resources over years when held digital marketing roles and worked on startups. Note: I have no affiliation with the organisations listed below, I'm just a happy user of tools they provide.
Enjoy your journey!
No matter what your product idea is, your goal is to foster trustful relationships with your audiences — the community.
Stage #1: You have an idea
Goal: Discover a problem worth solving
4) Explain your business visually with "Lean Canvas": https://leanstack.com
5) Decide who your customers are with "Jobs To Be Done" and "Value Proposition Map" frameworks: https://strategyzer.com/canvas
6) See how many people are searching for your type of product with "Google Keyword Research" tool: https://adwords.google.com/KeywordPlanner
Goal: Get productive and organise your work
7) Change the way you think about failure with "Growth Mindset": http://mindsetonline.com
8) Set actionable goals with "Objectives and Key Results (OKR)" framework: https://www.wikiwand.com/en/OKR
Stage #2: You're looking for a product/market fit
Goal: Understand your audience
11) Estimate how big your market is with "TAM, SAM, SOM" framework: https://www.coursera.org/learn/open-innovation-entrepreneurship/lecture/EjSxj/tam-sam-som
Goal: Inform your audience about your offer
14) Create digital content for your audience with "Inbound Marketing": https://library.hubspot.com, https://moz.com/beginners-guide-to-content-marketing
15) Write to appeal to your audience with "Copywriting": http://www.copyblogger.com
16) Build a website or a landing page: Squarespace, Wordpress, Ghost
17) Build a contact list with "Email Marketing": https://blog.mailchimp.com
Goal: Measure your results and improve actions
19) Track marketing performance with Google Analytics: https://analyticsacademy.withgoogle.com
21) Understand what metrics to measure and when with "AAARR" framework: http://www.slideshare.net/dmc500hats/startup-metrics-for-pirates-long-version
22) Improve your website performance with "A/B Testing": https://blog.optimizely.com
Stage #3: You have a growing customer base
Goal: Prepare to scale
23) Structure sales into a process: http://academy.hubspot.com/broadcasts/inbound-sales, https://blog.hubspot.com/sales, https://www.saastr.com/academy