I continue to explore Living Systems philosophy based on Mansoor Vakili’s thinking. Here are my current questions.
Questions, Part One:
- Universe as Energy and Information Pattern:
- What is this pattern’s representation?
- How does dynamism (‘dance of energy’) fit with static processes?
- The 3rd Shift (Consciousness):
- What does it mean “when we observe the universe it responds to our observation”? Does it mean that reality in our heads happen when we pause to pay attention?
- The 4th Shift (Networks):
- How to study these processes and relationships as a beginner? What are the fundamentals/language/vocabulary of this study?
- The 6th Shift (Chaos and Order):
- How to determine the balance of chaos and order in a living system?
- What is some example approach for studying and understanding how chaos theory works in practice?
- Modelling the Living Systems:
- How can we model a minimum viable system, so that we understand and embody it?
Questions, Part Two and Three:
- Synchronicity: “when a nonlinear network reaches a critical point of instability, a new order spontaneously emerges. In this stage, the elements synchronize in full cooperation, creating a whole”
- What conditions are needed for this to happen?
- How might we foster conditions for human synchronisation?
- What’s the connection there: ‘6 degrees of separation in human population’ and randomness?
- Non-Linear Systems and Cause/Effect:
- Power-Law Distribution: “non-linear networks are mostly made of order with only a little randomness”
- What is a healthy/balanced level of order and randomness is a system? How to go about it when creating a new system?
- How do we work with fractals? How to create a new system with this approach? Or how to analyse an existing system with this approach? How about some experimentation sessions to explore fractals hands-on and models?
- Which spiritual traditions align with Living Systems ideas? Could we map these to extract patterns and align these what science is saying?